Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. reads the gas meters through aerial data collection each month and bills its customers around the 15th of each month for the gas consumed the previous month, and the due date is the 5th of the following month.
Methods of Payment
- telephone banking
- online banking
- in person at your bank
- Credit Card, debit, cash, or cheque at our office
- Direct Withdrawal from your bank account or Credit Card
Customers can request to be set up for equalized billing and have their bills averaged out, based on the previous years consumption (plus service charges and then divided by twelve). If you choose this option your account needs to be current and you need to contact us by June and payments on account must be made each month by the due date to maintain equalized billing status.
Understanding Your Bill
Monthly Fixed Charge: $40.00/month
All domestic and commercial customers are levied a monthly fixed charge. This charge is levied on both active and inactive risers. This is to help offset the cost of public liability insurance, routine testing, leak checks, and maintenance on all gas lines, regulators, meters, and odorizing stations, as well as line locates for members, contractors, and non members. It also makes the payments on the loan that Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. had to take for the construction of our alternative supply line.
- Cost of Gas: This is charged on a per giga-joule basis. Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. does not profit from any increase or decrease in the rate charged per gigajoule for the cost of gas. This is the exact rate that Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. is charged for the gas purchased from Gas Alberta Inc.
- Delivery Charge: This is charged on a per giga-joule basis. This is the charge that Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. generates to cover the costs of delivering gas to its customers and the cost for operating the Co-op. The Delivery Charge is based on the number of gigajoules consumed.
- System Improvement Charge: This is charged on a per giga-joule basis. This is the charge that Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. collects to improve and upgrade our existing gas lines. If needed it will also help to cover the payments on the loan that was taken for the construction of the alternative supply line. This is charged on a per gigajoule basis.
- Federal Fuel Charge: Levied by the Canadian Government on a per giga-joule basis
Possible Additional Fees
- NSF Charge: $25.00
- Reconnect: $ 50.00
- Billing Arrears (penalty): 2%
If you are moving into a rental property and the landlord prefers you to have your own account to pay your gas, we can set you up.
Give us a call in advance and let us know your anticipated move-in date. You will also need to pay a $300 deposit with the agreement and when you move out you will be refunded the deposit (less any outstanding amount from your final bill).
Once set up, you will receive your bill each month
Northern Lights Gas Co-op Ltd. realizes that many of our members prefer to receive their bills by email, therefore, we have implemented e-billing.
If you have signed up but are not receiving your e-bills, please check your junk and spam folders to ensure our emails have not gone there. As well, if you change your email address, please be sure to update it with us or you will not receive your bills.